• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Coffee Roasters

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Any of you folks roast your own?

I've been buying raw beans ( coffeebeancorral ) for about 2 years now, El Salvador, Nicaraguan, Columbian, .. roasting my own, bagging it,
letting it set-up a day or two and then grind each morning -

If you've thought about it it's not that difficult - it's just like anything else we cook... it's all about the temp.
There's 2 things that will kill a roast:
1. Drop in temp, called a 'stall' will make the coffee taste sour
2. Over-roasting... or baking... or burned... coffee will taste like ash

Other than that:
1. Keep temps rising at all times
2. When the beans reach a certain temp ( around 405-415 ) they will 'pop'... referred to as first-crack
This critical phase is where the flavor is released and the temp should NEVER start dropping ...
The temp should continue to climb but at a slower pace..
3. After first-crack is complete the beans will 'crackle' - this is called second-crack and happens around 450-460 degrees
Timing here is critical.. some people pull their beans after first-crack but I like to send mine into second-crack for 5-7 seconds,
anything much longer and the beans will 'bake' (see #2 above)
4. Next is the cool-down... once you are done you got 4 minutes to cool those beans down to 100 or below
5. Then bag and squeeeeeeeze the bag every so often to push out the CO2 that is released - keep it air-tight but allow the CO2 to escape

Let it set-up 24-48 hours and then grind and brew and yea - it's good.

Yes we do.... I live on a Coffee farm in Kona ,Hawaii.... We pick ,grind, sun dry, remove patch , and roast... bag and sell “pure Kona Coffee... the whole thing ...sometimes we have other commercial roasters ..when we get large orders..
Our price to you...$ 30.00 a pound..plus shipping.....one of our clients resells our coffee at $60.00 a pound and every 45 days they reorder ..mostly online sales... Why people reorder? The flavor and taste of our coffee!
My wife do most of our roasting...
Along we Macadamia nuts , Avocados, ...
Not all Kona coffee taste is the same...! Be aware? We are 100% pure home grown!
We are a small ,tiny company with a huge following.... We also do mail ordering..
I drink this coffee 7 days a week....every morning...! Home grown..

if you ever come to the Big Island of Hawaii ...free tours and between August to January...we will let you experience picking coffee and see the whole process!
Aloha,
Oh by the way to reach the farm...need a 4x4 ...I can pick you up...and the whole farm is off the grid...lol

Yes we do.... I live on a Coffee farm in Kona ,Hawaii.... We pick ,grind, sun dry, remove patch , and roast... bag and sell “pure Kona Coffee... the whole thing ...sometimes we have other commercial roasters ..when we get large orders..
Our price to you...$ 30.00 a pound..plus shipping.....one of our clients resells our coffee at $60.00 a pound and every 45 days they reorder ..mostly online sales... Why people reorder? The flavor and taste of our coffee!
My wife do most of our roasting...
Along we Macadamia nuts , Avocados, ...
Not all Kona coffee taste is the same...! Be aware? We are 100% pure home grown!
We are a small ,tiny company with a huge following.... We also do mail ordering..
I drink this coffee 7 days a week....every morning...! Home grown..

if you ever come to the Big Island of Hawaii ...free tours and between August to January...we will let you experience picking coffee and see the whole process!
Aloha,
Oh by the way to reach the farm...need a 4x4 ...I can pick you up...and the whole farm is off the grid...lol

I stayed in Kona a couple years back. It's an amazing place. We traveled all over the island. So many beautiful and diverse places. And for someone who lives in Oregon where there are more foggy days than not, vog broke my brain. It looks like fog but it doesn't ACT like fog!

>>I don't roast beans but I Love coffee beans, once you grind beans and brew it, regular coffee is never the same.

You should give it a whirl. My raw-bean supplier is in Madison, MS...
Heck when I first started I cranked up my grill and put the beans of a small coffee sheet.

Of all the islands in Hawaii (8 major islands) the Big island of Hawaii has 11 different climates...including winter snows..on top ..of our mountain peaks..did I ever 4-wheel in the snowin Hawaii ? ..off course!

Just about ever island now grows coffee.... NOT the same as the real KONA COFFEE...and not every Kona taste the same ... even California is now growing coffee!

I wish I could make a cup of coffee for you....! ....home grown, pure Kona coffee...SMOOTH!
Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:
Back