• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bulletpoint Mounting Solutions Taco Bar dash mount install

Berserker__taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
The lead times for the Expedition Essentials Tacoma Tray Mount were way to long so I decided to give this company a shot. They shipped super quick and the cost was around $85 for the bar and the tablet mount.

The kit comes with everything you need. They even provide a drill bit and socket end wrench. The wrench is too shallow for the length of the screws so do yourself a favor and grab a 7mm socket before you start.
20210726_133532.jpg

Take a seat behind the wheel and place your right hand with fingers behind the trim like this. Gently pull to release the clips and work your way around until it is free.
20210726_140531.jpg

Next take some painter's tape and cover the area on top lined up between the space where the radio would be.
20210726_134710.jpg

No place the bar over the tape and line it up so its sits evenly over the radio port. Be sure to position it so that the short upright faces the cab and the tall upright faces the hood. It will sit level once installed.
20210726_134753.jpg

Mark the holes with a ball point pen. I tried a Sharpie and the marker is too fat to make it all the way in. Then drill your holes.

20210726_135304.jpg

Remove the tape and proceed with mounting the bar. The provided mini screw driver I received was magnetized which came in handy with those little screws
20210726_140320.jpg

Take it back to your rig, line the tabs up, and gently push the trim back in place working your way around until they are properly seated.
20210726_140507.jpg

Install your phone, inReach, or tablet. I bought a tablet mount for my set up. I run a Samsung Galaxy Tab A and it has plenty of room for a larger tablet. Now you have no excuse for getting lost.
20210726_140925.jpg

Last edited:
You still liking it?
I like it but dont love it. It provides too much everage on the dash trim if you use a tablet. That amount of weight causes the trim to flex and the devise shakes and bounces alot. I started using my cell phone in the mount and that's better but I still had to push the arm as close to the dash as I can to keep the leverage to a minimum. The squeaking was unbearable if i didn't.

Back