• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bulb upgrade recommendations

Charneydvm

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Any bulb upgrade recommendations for 2021 trd sport headlight and fog lights. I am looking to increase visibility if possible (but not looking to change out my headlight or fog light units). Also looking to keep everything street legal

Thank you

I have a XenonDepot Kit for sale.
Barely used it. Have the original bulbs + upgraded Philips Bulbs + Spare bulbs of each.
HID is the brightest. The only reason I switched was because I wanted the Morimoto headlights.

I'll make you a deal.

Street legal is out the window with any LED or HID upgrades, for non-fog lights anyways.

That being said....
For low beams, definitely go with HID, as stated above, they are the brightest. Stick with a 35 watt kit so you don't burn the bowls of the projectors. If you really want a primo setup, look into doing a retrofit (installing an aftermarket projector or better lens).

For high beams, I recommend Hikari Ultra LEDs, $90 off of Amazon. Very bright and very responsive (quick on and off).

I have a set of Morimoto 2stroke 3.0's in my fog's and they do very well. They are about $200 or so but the warranty and design make it worth it.

Back