• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Building an “offroad” bed

Added that video to my watch later list this morning lol
Now that I have a bed rack I want to make some type of cover that goes over the rack to keep water out when not driving around with gear 🤔

It’s so neat. Although I’m more of a diy than have someone make me a canvas. My wife has a sewing machine I’ll “borrow”. I think it would be sweet

Any idea why they changed their name from 4wdAction? And where's Graham been lately? He broke his arm and kind of disappeared from the show. I dig Jocko, but Graham is pretty fun with Shauno as well. My wife and I love that YouTube channel.
Graham just did a big solo trip that lasted like a month or something he just got back from so we’ll probably be getting that soonish, but they probably changed the name to appeal more and maybe get more traffic idk, or also maybe because they have a wider range of videos now so it’s not all wheeling trips 4wd247 kind of applied to more of the informative and tips videos they’re putting up.

It’s so neat. Although I’m more of a diy than have someone make me a canvas. My wife has a sewing machine I’ll “borrow”. I think it would be sweet
Oh yeah I'd wanna make my own canvas lol specific like window slots and stuff
No access to a sewing machine though would have to buy one

Graham just did a big solo trip that lasted like a month or something he just got back from so we’ll probably be getting that soonish, but they probably changed the name to appeal more and maybe get more traffic idk, or also maybe because they have a wider range of videos now so it’s not all wheeling trips 4wd247 kind of applied to more of the informative and tips videos they’re putting up.

Looking forward to seeing him on a solo trip. He's a heck of a photographer as well.

I didn't even think about the name change that way. The videos were more "action" oriented but they've definitely branched out recently and started to cover off-roading as a whole including build up, demos, etc. So in that sense the name change makes sense.

Looking forward to seeing him on a solo trip. He's a heck of a photographer as well.

I didn't even think about the name change that way. The videos were more "action" oriented but they've definitely branched out recently and started to cover off-roading as a whole including build up, demos, etc. So in that sense the name change makes sense.
The name change was subtle enough that I just thought I was wrong about what the original name was haha

I caught it because I love the way they say "Next time on 4Wdrive action!!!""

Welp,

Since I’m going to ATR this weekend, I spent the last weekend buttoning up the bed. I finally got the hitch cut into the bumper and guesseted. So I can haul the boat around again!

Also, capped the top of the bed with diamond plate steel 10gauge, that doubles as a table top to cook on, work on stuff, etc. have plan of mounting stuff to it but that’s still in the works.

No pics but there will be plenty from this weekend.

Also, going to have boxes made. If anyone knows of any companies that do that lmk. Going to have the boxes be dual purpose, storage and my fender wells for the bed.

Should be pretty close to done after that. Except for spare tire carrier and rtt.

Last edited:
Thats going to add some awesome functionality! SWAG offroad makes a nice little metal brake for the harbor freight press if you decide to build your own boxes.

Thats going to add some awesome functionality! SWAG offroad makes a nice little metal brake for the harbor freight press if you decide to build your own boxes.

That’s really good to know. I’m worried about order custom boxes and they not fitting/ looking right. If I did it my self I can just redo it! Thanks!

And I need to make the crossbars for the rtt, all sitting in my garage waiting for my lazy ass. (Or not lazy but an unmotivated bum)

Back