• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tacoma World

Just need to vent and I know a lot of you will understand the whole ordeal of frustrating military orders. Husband is once again needs of the Navy so we just found out today that Japan will definitely be his next duty station - leaving in the next 7-12 weeks....I'll be staying stateside because it doesn't make sense for me to give up my career.

Here's to another two years apart.
?

Just need to vent and I know a lot of you will understand the whole ordeal of frustrating military orders. Husband is once again needs of the Navy so we just found out today that Japan will definitely be his next duty station - leaving in the next 7-12 weeks....I'll be staying stateside because it doesn't make sense for me to give up my career.

?
My first duty station was Okinawa, Japan, and also unaccompanied. As anyone would be, we were sad about it at first.

Long story short, it offered some of the coolest experiences I ever had and the 14 days that she came to visit was and always will be one of our best all time memories.

If you guys have any type of questions, even if you think they are stupid, I can probably answer them.

Again, I know it sucks you are going to be separated, but it will be less shitty than it feels right now. We didn’t have a hard time with the separation at all because we knew I was there for the benefit of both of us.

Maybe @Paige can chime in with more. Or you can send her a private message if you need to.

Last edited:

?
@Tyler said it perfectly. When I found out he was being stationed in Okinawa, I didn’t know how to handle it. But after six months, I visited and got to see beautiful places I only thought I’d see via the internet. He got to visit so many new countries as well! As hard as it is to be apart, it will become normal and you will develop new routines to spend time “together”. Love knows no distance!!!

@Tyler said it perfectly. When I found out he was being stationed in Okinawa, I didn’t know how to handle it. But after six months, I visited and got to see beautiful places I only thought I’d see via the internet. He got to visit so many new countries as well! As hard as it is to be apart, it will become normal and you will develop new routines to spend time “together”. Love knows no distance!!!

This will be our second time apart (first time was 3,000 miles - which is why I'm now in the PNW and just shy of a year while we were still dating) but the first time OCONUS. I'm hoping to be able to travel over in 2021 or 2022, but it's going to take a while to get everything here in order. Neither of us have family within 2500 miles and I will have to board our husky for at least 2-3 weeks so that's an additional concern. She could easily have given Houdini a run for his money as an escape artist.

Japan will be my 30th-something country visited and his 40th-something. We were just both hoping his orders to stay local would work out because this is the first place we have started to build a life outside of work.

This will be our second time apart (first time was 3,000 miles - which is why I'm now in the PNW and just shy of a year while we were still dating) but the first time OCONUS. I'm hoping to be able to travel over in 2021 or 2022, but it's going to take a while to get everything here in order. Neither of us have family within 2500 miles and I will have to board our husky for at least 2-3 weeks so that's an additional concern. She could easily have given Houdini a run for his money as an escape artist.

Japan will be my 30th-something country visited and his 40th-something. We were just both hoping his orders to stay local would work out because this is the first place we have started to build a life outside of work.
Wow, you guys have been everywhere!

I've got a plethora of scars from learning on cars. Hahaha

We just had our first section hit 10,000 posts!
E902F0FB-23D6-46D4-A43D-9D15B7667A14.jpeg

Been up since 2am, can't sleep, not really tired, anxious about when my camper will actually deliver... I guess it's time to catch up on forum posts.

Anyone feel overwhelmingly busy despite COVID putting a big slow down on things?

Oh absolutely. At work my life has turned upside down. At home I'm taking care of errands and then trying to enjoy the tranquility of not being able to leave.

Anyone into wood working? I’ve been slowly getting into it but just need a bigger place to start building larger stuff like tables and what not. I made a couple small signs for my shop recently, here’s one of them. Next is to make this large plaque for a Sfc who’s retiring out of the army in the coming months. Last pic is an example of what it will be like. I work on AH-64 helicopters Incase your wondering about the rocket and 30mm rounds lol. That’s a blast shield that separates the pilots on there too
5C0B573C-E002-487F-9D28-B76CEBACC1C2.jpeg
AC580F92-1E43-4FDC-A3AC-DE0783C16FB8.jpeg

I've made a couple of small wood projects over the years. Nothing recent. I would love to get more into it as it's really a lot of fun. I actually was watching a YouTube video of a tour through Nick Offerman's wood shop last night.

I've made a couple of small wood projects over the years. Nothing recent. I would love to get more into it as it's really a lot of fun. I actually was watching a YouTube video of a tour through Nick Offerman's wood shop last night.
Yeah it is pretty fun, relaxing too. Unless you mess up carving letters like I did once and have to restart ?

Anyone into wood working? I’ve been slowly getting into it but just need a bigger place to start building larger stuff like tables and what not. I made a couple small signs for my shop recently, here’s one of them. Next is to make this large plaque for a Sfc who’s retiring out of the army in the coming months. Last pic is an example of what it will be like. I work on AH-64 helicopters Incase your wondering about the rocket and 30mm rounds lol. That’s a blast shield that separates the pilots on there too
5C0B573C-E002-487F-9D28-B76CEBACC1C2.jpeg
AC580F92-1E43-4FDC-A3AC-DE0783C16FB8.jpeg
Nothing as sweet as this but I do need to start educating myself so I can build up the inside of my camper and not have it seem completely amateur.

Nothing as sweet as this but I do need to start educating myself so I can build up the inside of my camper and not have it seem completely amateur.
Thanks lol. I do so much research on anything I’m interested in. A lot of it isn’t very hard though. Just take your time and with the right tools you can make anything. My uncle and some close family friends got me into loving wood working. It’s a great hobby. But YouTube has tons of great vids to help you learn

Thanks lol. I do so much research on anything I’m interested in. A lot of it isn’t very hard though. Just take your time and with the right tools you can make anything. My uncle and some close family friends got me into loving wood working. It’s a great hobby. But YouTube has tons of great vids to help you learn
Me too. I watch so much YouTube on so many different hobbies that I think I'm going to start doing but never do. But woodworking is something I do need to do soon.

Back