• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Maintenance Brake pedal occasionally depresses to the floor

4LoJoe

5️⃣ Platinum
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Sup you scallywags!

So, right after installing my kings up front song with spindle gussets and cam tabs. I’ve come to notice my brake pedal is occasionally mushy when driving. I’ll press the pedal down and it feels like there’s not enough brake fluid in the calipers. I let off the pedal and press again and the truck brakes fine. Then I’ll continue driving normally again and once again it’ll press to the floor. It doesn’t happen every time but it does happen a lot.. I’ve looked to see if my brake fluid is low, it is not. I’ll looked for leaks, there are none?

You guys suggest a fluid flush to see if there might be air in the lines? I did not open the system at all, which is why I’m kind of baffled by the issue. I’ve had the truck 3 months. Thx in advance. ✌🏼

Depending on mileage, brake fluid is RECOMMENDED to be replaced at 30k miles. If you fall in this range, would be a good start!

Upvote 0
I also am around the same mileage. Looks like I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Upvote 0
Back