• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

Tacoma3G is a beginner-friendly 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma (2016-2023 model-years) forum. We are a community of people who are focused on good information and good vibes. T3G is the passion-project of a USMC/Toyota technician.

Help! Brake issues after destroying front axles and diff

M0therSuperi0r

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Hello everyone. I’m new to this T3G so please go easy on me. So, here’s what happened I was OR at my local spot, doing a hill climb in 4L with rear locker engaged anyway passenger front wheel went in the air came back down and I snapped cv axles and destroyed front diff. Got it towed to the stealership to hopefully get it fixed under warranty ( told the dealer I was going to the grocery store and was doing monthly lube of front diff) after a month Toyota didn’t want to fix it. So I decided to just take out axles and diff. But now my brakes are super spongy. Any ideas on what it could be? I purchased a bidirectional scanner and I have this code. Was thinking to do the abs bleed, Please advise. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• IMG_4559.webp
    IMG_4559.webp
    71.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4561.webp
    IMG_4561.webp
    100.4 KB · Views: 7
Yea, freakin bashed the diff tube onto a boulder luckily I had TRD pro skid plate. Or else there would be more damage. No I haven’t bled them yet, I’m gonna manually bleed them, then do an abs bleed with scanner tomorrow morning. Hoping to get my brakes back.

Upvote 0
Back