• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bluetooth Phone/Tablet Accessory Controllers

itsthex

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.coryinmotion.com
2020 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hey guys,

Was just doing some research on this topic and came across two options: the Ride Controller PRO and Trigger Controller.

Both seem great, while the RC Pro is the most expensive option but also the most feature-rich with built in safety and controls for up to 64 accessories (if I'm reading right), and the Trigger Controllers are the least expensive and offers a few different options from single relays to 4 or 6 controls in one.

With this in mind, the RC Pro is the clear leader but the pocket book just isn't completely sure on the cost of investment. However, the Trigger units don't offer as many controls and no mention of security but you can build your own system with just their basic relays or get their more feature packed 4 plus or 6 shooter units for a better cost.

Long story short, outside of these two companies, are there any others out there that I have yet to uncover?

If you're looking for a system to control accessories, Switch-pros and Spod are the top two and for good reason. No they're not cheap, but the engineering that's gone into them is top notch. I personally have the switch-pros and have never had an issue with it. It was easy to setup and program. The app for my phone could use a little updating but it works just fine. I have a picture of my setup on my build page for reference.

Back