• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Blind spot mirrors?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Those blind spot mirrors from Spotter…approx $129.00 …I believe each…? I like it that it is adjustable…. But is worth to spend that much?

I got those 4inch round ones ..adjustable too.. works for me…. But I saw those mirrors from another company that give a bigger view? I forgot where…those seems better? I been using a 2002 Tundra 📰
The Tundra factory side mirrors ..10x better then 3gen Tacoma factory mirrors…my experience…
Aloha

I have the Spotters and they are outstanding.

I didn't even know you could do this...welp there goes $220

It seen to be a simple MOD….please watch R4T videos…or Jess’s …

I had those smaller round blind spot mirrors..almost the same widths…as the Spotters, It was a bit too small for me to see..the cars in the blind spots…so I got the largest I could find..better…these were adjustable to…

When you watch the R4T videos , he shows the scratches on his rims…. Anyone always get there rims scratched?
I do almost weekly….I use a touch up paint…to cover it.. ( off road every day.. live on a farm, dirt/ rocky roads..)
Aloha

Another side mirror to consider…. The SUMA Performance…mirrors.. wide angle OME replacement, a truly Anti-glare, hydrophobic, clear or optional blue hue..that never fades..the blue hue is design to prevent night time glares.. the blue hue really stands out during the day light..like a blue tint…
A set of two ..$219.00…. These are convex mirrors..

We need a side by side comparison?
Aloha,

Last edited by a moderator:
Just installed two 2" blind spot mirrors on my 2021. Glass mirror cheapies like ones I have used for years. I habitually look before I merge or slide into that left lane. Call me old school not trusting the new technology.

Just installed two 2" blind spot mirrors on my 2021. Glass mirror cheapies like ones I have used for years. I habitually look before I merge or slide into that left lane. Call me old school not trusting the new technology.
Nothing wrong with old school.

I am strongly of the opinion, as a motorcyclist, that absolutely nothing beats a head-check. You neck was made to turn for a reason.

I can't see out the back with the topper on. So BSM or a better little mirror is mandatory.

The BSM is really effective. Especially for backing out of a parking spot when you couldn't see cross traffic in any vehicle.

One day I will up grade to maybe “Suma mirrors”…
This is what I am using…there are adjustable…turn for more angle…also have extend lid on top of mirrors helps a bit…wish it covers more for those raining times..
Will camera mirrors be better? Future? Better and wide view with zoom ? Lol
Aloha

Attachments

• 75F48F22-A5B7-44B7-A728-8D26FC37A213.jpeg
    75F48F22-A5B7-44B7-A728-8D26FC37A213.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 41
  • C7C7D453-A21C-4638-9B4A-5FCF2A4DB27E.jpeg
    C7C7D453-A21C-4638-9B4A-5FCF2A4DB27E.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 45
I am glad to see today, how vehicles are being made “Smarter ” , like the Blind Spot monitors with warnings! A great feature to have! Especially at nights , raining conditions,etc.
Aloha

Back