• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bicycle mounting solutions

Stuarthewild

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 SR5 AC Auto
White
I'm currently looking for a different mounting solution for my bicycles. I have a hitch mounted Thule rack at the moment but really like the look and placement of the side mounts, however, when I looked it up myself there seems to be a lot of white noise that I'm finding hard to sift through. Most of what I found is DIY but I don't have the skill or tools for that. Is there a decent rack that is compatible with either the oem tonneau cover and/or an after market bed cap?
(Pic is essentially what I'm looking for, I know it's not a Tacoma)

Attachments

• ccc30011b2238725ac3086f001699805.jpg
    ccc30011b2238725ac3086f001699805.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 110
I don't have a photo readily available at the moment. However, I currently use 1UP bike racks on top of KB Voodoo high rise bed bars with the OEM tonneau cover. The bikes sit over the bed on either site of my roof top tent. With this set up I'm able to keep both wheels on the bike and off road with the bike in the rack just fine. I'll find a photo and post it here soon.

Back