• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Best Tacoma Wheel and Tire Fitment For An Outdoorsmen?

SD Wheel

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
One of my buddies at work is looking at upgrading to some new wheels and tires for his 3rd gen Tacoma, but he’s unsure about what sizes to runs. He commutes about 25 to 30 minutes to work during the week but is out on the trails hunting, fishing, or camping almost every weekend it seems like.

He likes the look of a lifted Tacoma but wants to get some ideas on what other people run who have similar lifestyles. We have some good info here, What Fits My Toyota Tacoma? that he’s referenced, but does anyone have other good wheel and tire specs they’d recommend? Anything is helpful. Thanks!

The easy answer would be 265/75R16 or 265/70R17, can usually fit without a lift, but still look good with a leveling kit. If he wants a little extra ground clearance, 255/85R16 or 255/80R17, little taller, little skinnier, but usually fit without a lift depending on wheel choice. If he’s willing to trim and lift/level, 285s.

265’s are probably the easy practical choice. Add a small level if he likes the look.

Tell your buddy about this web site and let him make his own informed decision.

Back