• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Best Budget Hidden Light Bar?

tjaved22

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
New to the Tacoma world... Want to add new mods but on a budget.

What's the best budget friendly hidden light bar out there? I've seen these things can go upwards of $400.

You cannot beat the price, nor the quality. Guaranteed.

I usually just go with whatever fly-by-night Chinese LED company has sprung up on Amazon. Sure they will disappear in 2 months and then you will see all the same products under a new brand but if you want cheap and "good enough" quality that's your best bet. Just understand the failure rate will be comparatively high. Nilight seems to be the current name.

Try looking at Caliraise hidden light bars under the grill....great product and prices..
I purchase two POD lights and it was worth it.....I use them a lot on the coffee land road...AKA Ditch lights...gives tremendous amount of lights on both sides of the road..
Missed the last sell....that is a future purpose...
Sure there some higher quality light bars ...just that $$$$...
Look at the Caliraised site!
Aloha,

Try looking at Caliraise hidden light bars under the grill....great product and prices..
I purchase two POD lights and it was worth it.....I use them a lot on the coffee land road...AKA Ditch lights...gives tremendous amount of lights on both sides of the road..
Missed the last sell....that is a future purpose...
Sure there some higher quality light bars ...just that $$$$...
Look at the Caliraised site!
Aloha,
Personally I've found Cali Raised metalwork to be a bit to flimsy for my liking. Specifically the antenna mounts. I have no opinion on the lights except to say they are quite expensive. I'm not one to spend a lot of money on something I have a pretty good chance of breaking. If I get 90% of the functionality for 20% of the price I'm going to go with that. The company seems to be more about branding than quality. Just my $.02

I have a Cali Raised light bar inside the front grill: Works great, to date. Also, I would suggest that you purchase their switch made for Tacomas.

I’ve actually reviewed all of the case files on the lawsuit too.

Cali Raised is not a good company.
I am sure you have, but would you like to share just what those lawsuits pertain to? It would be good to know so that I don't get aught up in any BS that might befall me in any future business dealings. Thanks in advance

I am sure you have, but would you like to share just what those lawsuits pertain to? It would be good to know so that I don't get aught up in any BS that might befall me in any future business dealings. Thanks in advance
From what I gathered from a 5min skim from the link shared, they were redirecting a competitor's (rago) searches to a similar address, which then sent traffic to CR, which is pretty messed up. I had never heard about this. I just recently heard about Rago and will use them going forward when there is a choice between them and CR.

That being said, my hidden grille LED light bar and switch from CR works great, and for a fairly decent price. Good light output and easy install.

My experience with Cali Raised has been a good one ...Ditch lights and Rock sliders...shipped to Big Island of Hawaii....Yes there are better and more expensive lights... the kit was complete plug and play!
The rock sliders with kick out , top plate and rhino lining...awesome!
Every company may have a few problems...( the complaints..not a good company?). Wish had more details?
and when I call about questions ..they answer everyone !
Aloha,
BBB- Two complaints..Facebook Two praises...um...

When I work at Lowe’s...customers tells me of poor services at Homedepot....my best friend who work at Home Depot..tells me customers complaint of poor services at Lowe’s...lol

Cali Raise is a single ownership...since 2005?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine at 4 Wheel Parts, it was $169 for the 30” bar.

Attachments

• 29CA0A42-87E8-4E85-9BD9-BD449D1E8FB2.jpeg
    29CA0A42-87E8-4E85-9BD9-BD449D1E8FB2.jpeg
    542 KB · Views: 56
I paid $230 shipped on my 32” STEDI and I would put it up against RIGID and Baja Designs all day any day. Also comes with mounting feet that just so happen to mount it perfectly in the Tacoma bumper space.

I paid $230 shipped on my 32” STEDI and I would put it up against RIGID and Baja Designs all day any day. Also comes with mounting feet that just so happen to mount it perfectly in the Tacoma bumper space.
Any photos of the install? I was looking over the STEDI lights as well! Ease of install sounds like a bonus.

No photos. Drill a couple holes in the bumper and you’re done.

Personally I've found Cali Raised metalwork to be a bit to flimsy for my liking. Specifically the antenna mounts. I have no opinion on the lights except to say they are quite expensive. I'm not one to spend a lot of money on something I have a pretty good chance of breaking. If I get 90% of the functionality for 20% of the price I'm going to go with that. The company seems to be more about branding than quality. Just my $.02
Finally someone that thinks the same as I shit is just too over priced and you know they source their products or even components off in china some where. Here is a awesome example ,so not lights but head unit for my truck. I wanted pioneer halo head unit yeah right $1,000, no way . I cant remember the guys name found em on tw , the joying headunit I paid like $384 off Amazon to get a nice Android 10 with 9in display . Stuff is cheap out there you just gotta look for it. Touche sir let's keep buying stuff that works at a reasonable price .

Personally I wouldn't go with Caliraised. I do have their hidden light bra and mount. The mounts seem pretty solid. Maybe the older ones were better. But other than that, I think it's the same as the other low end stuff. pretty sure it is and they just get their dumb named engraved.
ExtremeLED seems to be decent. Fairly priced and I think they are based in the US but made in the China. It's the support that's the important part.
If it's heavy use, spend the money. I have Baja Designs fog lights and the customer support is done right!

That's the difference. It's luck if the product is gonna die on you. Then once it does, are you out money or are they going to work with you?

Back