• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Group Buy BARE Outfitters Trailgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARE Outfitters

4️⃣ Gold
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
bareoutfitters.com
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Blazing Blue Pearl
Hey Tacoma3G,

Opening up a group buy, 10 spots.

BARE Outfitters Trailgate Panels - Approved Vendor

We will be selling them at our local price of $175, plus shipping ($25 flat anywhere US48)

Thickest aluminum panel on the market!
Provides additional support to the tailgate design.
Eliminates plastic ridges that are hard on the knees/bottom.
Two DEEP cup holders that actually function for cans, bottles, tervis, yeti cups.

Will never rust!

Specify Black/Raw and With/Without Cup holders

www.bareoutfitters.com

Attachments

• 072235BF-0AAA-4D93-A945-5E01D43C6B33.jpeg
    072235BF-0AAA-4D93-A945-5E01D43C6B33.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 142
  • 4230D055-AE6D-4882-99F3-F429106ABFE0.jpeg
    4230D055-AE6D-4882-99F3-F429106ABFE0.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 155
  • CEE1FE4E-1C99-446F-B064-F72F3F7B538B.jpeg
    CEE1FE4E-1C99-446F-B064-F72F3F7B538B.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 167
  • FCCD6BA3-F6CF-4A43-8564-D9CD20D3352D.jpeg
    FCCD6BA3-F6CF-4A43-8564-D9CD20D3352D.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 3EC85E44-40C7-4B02-A98E-DC0A6D9C789D.jpeg
    3EC85E44-40C7-4B02-A98E-DC0A6D9C789D.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 161
  • F336E154-AB14-42C0-B4BB-1B3ECE9B794D.jpeg
    F336E154-AB14-42C0-B4BB-1B3ECE9B794D.jpeg
    357.5 KB · Views: 143
  • CE3AA25E-9EE6-4517-A811-7C4BD170BB2D.jpeg
    CE3AA25E-9EE6-4517-A811-7C4BD170BB2D.jpeg
    470.7 KB · Views: 137
Ooo this thing is legit and at a great price. If I have someone to take my mountainhatch I will definitely pick one of these up. Love the aluminum and not a fan of how the mountain hatch wears.

These are awesome. I like the integration of the cup holders using the space between the tailgate and the panel. Thought about making these with a similar material like the Moutainhatch's?

Thank you for the awesome reply. I really appreciate it 🤘🏼

Ooo this thing is legit and at a great price. If I have someone to take my mountainhatch I will definitely pick one of these up. Love the aluminum and not a fan of how the mountain hatch wears.

When we first started, we had considered that. The downside to the other material, is:

Cost (it’s actually very expensive, in our area)
Ability to clean
Longevity
Warping, ability to hold a cup holder the way ours does

I have a proto in that material, and I wasn’t too stoked about it. The colors are great though. Powdercoat should fill that void in the future.

These are awesome. I like the integration of the cup holders using the space between the tailgate and the panel. Thought about making these with a similar material like the Moutainhatch's?

I think I want one of these. What's the process to sign up? Do I just reply on the thread or do i need to go on your website somewhere?

Congrats on being a RotM! Send me a private message, I’ll set up secured payment and add your name to this list.

I think I want one of these. What's the process to sign up? Do I just reply on the thread or do i need to go on your website somewhere?

If you don’t mind me asking, why do you want the composite material?

I have a mountainhatch and I’m pretty disappointed in its durability. After only a couple of months mine is stained and scarred from pretty light use.

If you don’t mind me asking, why do you want the composite material?

I have a mountainhatch and I’m pretty disappointed in its durability. After only a couple of months mine is stained and scarred from pretty light use.
It truly was just a question out of curiosity. I have the mountain hatch as well and I like the functionality of using a “softer” material to work on. If I’m working on something out the back of my truck that may be sensitive to scratching, the composite MH would get scratched up instead.

I will agree the durability suffers but it’s a pretty thick and it’s meant to be left outdoors. MH’s marketing is just a flat work space while doubling as a cutting board. I didn’t buy it for its durability. Also, I will agree that it warps. I was out doing some oil field training and used my tailgate as a work space. The sun pretty much baked the MH and warped one side. It did go back to normal though.

I agree 100%. It’s sometimes difficult to convey a certain attitude over text/email, but trust me, you’re asking the right questions and no one over here is bothered by it.

Like water on a duck’s back brother 🤘🏼

It truly was just a question out of curiosity. I have the mountain hatch as well and I like the functionality of using a “softer” material to work on. If I’m working on something out the back of my truck that may be sensitive to scratching, the composite MH would get scratched up instead.

I will agree the durability suffers but it’s a pretty thick and it’s meant to be left outdoors. MH’s marketing is just a flat work space while doubling as a cutting board. I didn’t buy it for its durability. Also, I will agree that it warps. I was out doing some oil field training and used my tailgate as a work space. The sun pretty much baked the MH and warped one side. It did go back to normal though.

Hey! We have the same truck! Right on! Sending DM now.

The cup holder part is awesome. I don’t have the factory tail gate anymore but I’d definitely get one of these first if I ever went back!

The cup holder part is awesome. I don’t have the factory tail gate anymore but I’d definitely get one of these first if I ever went back!

Yeah, I'm thinking how great that would be to put nuts and bolts when I'm working on stuff back there. Might be worth 3d printing a cap for it.

I agree 100%. It’s sometimes difficult to convey a certain attitude over text/email, but trust me, you’re asking the right questions and no one over here is bothered by it.

Like water on a duck’s back brother 🤘🏼
For sure, one of the reasons why this forum is awesome is because of everyone’s great attitude! 👊

It adds a secure spot for sure. The OEM ridges aren't bad, but idk how many times I was in a rush and overlooked a washer between them. Add comfort and a real cup holder, well, it's transitioned to a camp table, bar top, workstation, or even a chill spot to watch fireworks.

Yeah, I'm thinking how great that would be to put nuts and bolts when I'm working on stuff back there. Might be worth 3d printing a cap for it.

I came in ready to hold my ground, like some other forums, but you guys really cracked a cold one for me and have been legitimately productive and welcoming.

IDK if anyone has had a chance to see our IG: @bare_outfitters , not a lot of followers (we're kinda simple) but we donated $50 to the firefighter relief fund and gave away a trasharoo during our first giveaway.

Something to check out.

For sure, one of the reasons why this forum is awesome is because of everyone’s great attitude! 👊

I came in ready to hold my ground, like some other forums, but you guys really cracked a cold one for me and have been legitimately productive and welcoming.

IDK if anyone has had a chance to see our IG: @bare_outfitters , not a lot of followers (we're kinda simple) but we donated $50 to the firefighter relief fund and gave away a trasharoo during our first giveaway.

Something to check out.
Already following you guys! I remembered you guys are near by to me. I'm in Mansfield.

I'm not seeing my name on the list up there. Has it just not been edited yet?

Correct. Atm, you’re my only guy. I have your name on my spreadsheet. Should be shipping soon as they came back from the fabricators. 😎🤘🏼

Gotcha, thank you for the update. I'll do a review/install video once I get it. My 7 regular viewers will cause demand to skyrocket!

Very interested! I'm really not digging the stock tailgate insert...
But I'm in Hawaii...any chance of getting one shipped here?

I would love one of these......once I buy my truck. Standby, waiting for the dealer to call me back as soon as he locates the truck I want.

For those of you considering this you may find this helpful.

Original link: https://youtu.be/2s3x8ICx4Ks

I've posted this in two threads today but considering one was my build thread and the other was this thread about the product I think that's okay.

@RevN3 Nice vid. I lol'd when you opened your knife I thought you were about to shank a fool :LOL:. In a few weeks, if possible it'd be cool to see a follow-up photo or something showing how it has worn. It looks like you use your truck bed so that would be a good real world representation of what (at least I) can expect.

@RevN3 Nice vid. I lol'd when you opened your knife I thought you were about to shank a fool :LOL:. In a few weeks, if possible it'd be cool to see a follow-up photo or something showing how it has worn. It looks like you use your truck bed so that would be a good real world representation of what (at least I) can expect.
I can do that. Might take until spring to really put it through it's paces though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back