• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Reference Ask a beginner question, get a serious answer!

Anybody know how to make the Bluetooth connection on my 2019 not shit the bed and freeze everytime I try and play spotify.
Is there an update or a fix I can do?

Anybody know how to make the Bluetooth connection on my 2019 not shit the bed and freeze everytime I try and play spotify.
Is there an update or a fix I can do?
What phone are you using? Does it connect them just disconnect when you turn on Spotify? Bluetooth connection dies? Just doesn't play? More details.

What phone are you using? Does it connect them just disconnect when you turn on Spotify? Bluetooth connection dies? Just doesn't play? More details.
Samsung s20 fe
Sometimes it just won't connect at all and I have to hold the power button down on the audio system to restart it.
Or it'll just be super super large just an all around satisfactory for the system in the taco.

Samsung s20 fe
Sometimes it just won't connect at all and I have to hold the power button down on the audio system to restart it.
Or it'll just be super super large just an all around satisfactory for the system in the taco.
Laggy *** not large lol

5f0xk5.jpg

I mean, I know how to read a sidewall, but if you say "I've got 34s" is that just a measurement of the diameter? Is it just supposed to be shorthand for the sidewall listed size?

Laggy *** not large lol
I'd say check your battery saving settings. Make sure Bluetooth is on and not sleeping.
I know it doesn't mention Bluetooth specifically, but it was a standard for power saving settings in the past.

Capture.PNG

Does your phone have Bluetooth connectivity issues with any other devices?
Try testing it with someone else's phone to narrow down if it's the phone or the head unit.

What year is your Tacoma?
Sometimes with phone technology advancing so quickly, Bluetooth version might be newer than the head unit.
Happened to me before and it was not backwards compatible 100%. Some features worked, but just wasn't reliable.

Next:
Factory reset the head unit.
If that doesn't help, wipe out your paired Bluetooth devices.
Wipe cache and data if there is any within Bluetooth Settings.
Not sure if Bluetooth is listed as an application. But see if it's listed there.
Next, factory restore the phone.

If it still doesn't you might just be out of luck. You could try the dealership, but they'd just have a salesperson try and no luck.
When I used to sell phones I'd have old people stop by all the time because the dealership wouldn't want to help them. Most of the times I could get it to work. Can try to see if someone at the phone dealer isn't busy and let them give it a try. Slide them a $10 or something if they can get it to work.

Is there a big difference between a 590lb spring rate and a 650lb spring rate?

Sitting on 5100/887 in the front now.
Debating on if I should go for the Icon 2.5 fronts.
Maybe extended travel? I guess there's 650 and 700.

It'll be bumper, sliders, roof rack and maybe winch.
5100/AAL in the rear. I'll get around to that later.

So I just got my trd off-road and was messing around with the infotainment screen and can’t figure it out or if it’s even possible. On the home screen can I get the larger section to display my gps map?

So I just got my trd off-road and was messing around with the infotainment screen and can’t figure it out or if it’s even possible. On the home screen can I get the larger section to display my gps map?
I know you can make it full screen, pretty sure you can make map the bigger side of the screen. Wish I could be more helpful with buttons, but my Entune system corrupted it's firmware the other day so I can't verify.

I was going to make my own thread about my question, but I'll try here first. Was your suspension upgrade worth it? Do the trucks drive that much better, for somebody doing fairly limited amount of offroading? I have a bonus burning a hole, and am thinking of going with a Fox system, but I'm looking for some more realistic feedback.

I know you can make it full screen, pretty sure you can make map the bigger side of the screen. Wish I could be more helpful with buttons, but my Entune system corrupted it's firmware the other day so I can't verify.

I was going to make my own thread about my question, but I'll try here first. Was your suspension upgrade worth it? Do the trucks drive that much better, for somebody doing fairly limited amount of offroading? I have a bonus burning a hole, and am thinking of going with a Fox system, but I'm looking for some more realistic feedback.
I've lifted 5 of my previous vehicles, and even though I only go off road (where I would actually need the extra capability) about 3x/year, I've always enjoyed it. However, you will lose speed/acceleration, and you won't get back the money when you sell it.

I've had $6500 suspensions, and I've had $400 budget lifts, and everything in between. Unless you are really serious about off roading, I'd go with Westcott's preload cradle lift, or just add some bigger tires and call it a day. The tacoma is extremely capable stock.

Last edited:
Hello guys. Need some help. I’m planning on installing some bed lights and I want to be able to turn them on anytime. Does anyone know where I can tap into a constant 12 volt source? Thanks

Hello guys. Need some help. I’m planning on installing some bed lights and I want to be able to turn them on anytime. Does anyone know where I can tap into a constant 12 volt source? Thanks
I'm new here, but I was looking to do the same and saw these... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R71V38D/?tag=tacoma3g-20

Looks like it just plugs into the factory harness in the bed and turns on when you turn on the cargo light. Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but good luck!

Thanks for the idea. I’m looking into to someone can turn on without having to go to the cab. Installing a switch inside the bed, just need to tap into a constant 12 volt.

Anyone any experience with a location of a constant 12 volt that I can tap my bed lights on? Thanks

Anyone any experience with a location of a constant 12 volt that I can tap my bed lights on? Thanks
Yes. The battery. Run a hot from the battery. Follow existing lines all the way to the bed of the truck. Have a fuse in the line.
You can even get fancy and just install one of these in the cubby. Then have it power the lights and whatever else you might want to use it for.

Original link: https://youtu.be/UT-jcZ3EDH0

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT-jcZ3EDH0

Attachments

• c1b513a7d795d574cb8292612a90b085[1].jpg
    c1b513a7d795d574cb8292612a90b085[1].jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
How long does it usually take to receive the t3g decal after purchase. I payed back on July 11th.

Recently purchased a Tacoma and I’ve noticed an issue when the auto transmission downshifts into first gear. It makes a loud noise and it feels like it is dropping. I have noticed interesting gear shifts when driving up and down hills, but I’ve read that the transmission will adapt over time. The downshifting problem seems different to me. The truck is new and only has 2,500 miles. I am considering contacting the dealership but I wanted to check here first to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Recently purchased a Tacoma and I’ve noticed an issue when the auto transmission downshifts into first gear. It makes a loud noise and it feels like it is dropping. I have noticed interesting gear shifts when driving up and down hills, but I’ve read that the transmission will adapt over time. The downshifting problem seems different to me. The truck is new and only has 2,500 miles. I am considering contacting the dealership but I wanted to check here first to see if anyone else has experienced this.
That sounds problematic. I'd head to the dealer.

I've been wondering that myself. I ordered on July 14th.

@Tyler any updates on these?
All of the the outstanding stickers we had were mailed out last week. They normally take 2-3 days to arrive. They’re mailed in regular envelopes through USPS so I’m not able to track them. There have been times where someone’s sticker never arrived in which case I’ll mail a new one out.

If they don’t show up in the mail today, I’ll mail the new one out. Sorry about that.

The USPS sucks these days. they are always late in my area. I have a check that a customer sent 2 day mail. I have tracking number, and 4 days later. still no check. The post office sucks and needs to be overhauled. We all wonder how Jeff Bezoos has such much freakin money is cause the post offices deliverers his packages at a loss, and us taxpayers pay for it.

All of the the outstanding stickers we had were mailed out last week. They normally take 2-3 days to arrive. They’re mailed in regular envelopes through USPS so I’m not able to track them. There have been times where someone’s sticker never arrived in which case I’ll mail a new one out.

If they don’t show up in the mail today, I’ll mail the new one out. Sorry about that.
No worries Tyler. I'll give it a few days and let you know when I get it. Thanks for the attention to this.
0df1fd64444799b25ff1463ea1e2079614c8b73c100005ab22f238f0aa5dfa13.0.png

I got mine yesterday. Woo-Hoo!! :D

Back