• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Reference Ask a beginner question, get a serious answer!

Even adding a small fuse block 4 blade or a 6 blade instead of tapping fuses everywhere , especially if you add stuff in the future . Then inside cab relay ACC off your 12v socket or a switch acc light
Screenshot_20190328-112006_Chrome.jpg

Just bought my first Tacoma and was wondering how much lift would I need to clear 35s and could someone tag a link for a good lift system. Or is 33s more practical on a Tacoma

Just bought my first Tacoma and was wondering how much lift would I need to clear 35s and could someone tag a link for a good lift system. Or is 33s more practical on a Tacoma
6" lift some hammering and cabbmoubt chop and trimming for 35s
3" lift some more hammering and cab mount chop and trimming for 35s
3"lift minor trimming for 33s

Search bar top right type what lift and things will come up
Welcome to the forums

Not sure if this is a beginner question, but whats the rectangular box below the steering wheel? Its tucked under and behind the steering panel next to the fuse box. It blinks green somtimes and red.

Not sure if this is a beginner question, but whats the rectangular box below the steering wheel? Its tucked under and behind the steering panel next to the fuse box. It blinks green somtimes and red.
Picture please

Here it is, it used to occasionally fall on to my leg.

Attachments

• 20190402_103311.jpg
    20190402_103311.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 121

That looks like what I have from @N2DesignsInc remote start, it appears to be a cellular module for a remote start. Do you have one installed? If you trace the wires back it should go to another box, then those wires would go to the main truck harness to the left of the steering wheel / kick panel.

Looks to me a a lowjack (gps tracker)
Are you leasing your truck?
Could possible be alarm some alarm system previously installed

Last edited:
Looks to me a a lowjack (gps tracker)
Are you leasing your truck?
Could possible be alarm some alarm system previously installed

My bet is it being the Fortin Cellular / GPS receiver...

@Wolftaco - I could give you instructions on removing your dash panels to double check see / see where it goes if you'd like. Very simple to do.

My bet is it being the Fortin Cellular / GPS receiver...

@Wolftaco - I could give you instructions on removing your dash panels to double check see / see where it goes if you'd like. Very simple to do.
Winner winner chicken dinner
Screenshot_20190402-164624_Chrome.jpg

Thanks, my girl actually informed me what it was right before i checked on here.

Thanks, my girl actually informed me what it was right before i checked on here.
Which is great news for you, feel free to DM me if you want instructions on pulling apart the dash so you can see what kinda remote start you got so you can make use of that bad boy!

If you check your door jamb or around that area you should find a little QR code, small square thing.

6" lift some hammering and cabbmoubt chop and trimming for 35s
3" lift some more hammering and cab mount chop and trimming for 35s
3"lift minor trimming for 33s

Search bar top right type what lift and things will come up
Welcome to the forums

Thanks glad to finally have a newer project truck better than a square body Chevy

It’s been in the process of a frame swap for a few years now but I had it up on 40s as a daily driver

Was trying to figure out a rattle in the front passenger door today, took the speaker out to see what was behind there. I found a good bit of water on the backside of my speaker and inside the door. Took out the speaker of the back passenger door and theres water on the backside of the speaker and inside the door there too. Anyone else come across this? I'm sure it cant be good to have water on my speakers and the electrical.

Attachments

• Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    361.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Unknown-3.jpeg
    Unknown-3.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 88
Was trying to figure out a rattle in the front passenger door today, took the speaker out to see what was behind there. I found a good bit of water on the backside of my speaker and inside the door. Took out the speaker of the back passenger door and theres water on the backside of the speaker and inside the door there too. Anyone else come across this? I'm sure it cant be good to have water on my speakers and the electrical.
water inside the door in a normal thing on all cars. on the very button of your door there should be some holes or slots for drainage insure those are clear . but besides that its normal there should also be a vapor barrier between your door and trim panel make sure thats together in one peice and for your speaker ive heard some after market companies sell a vapor carrier for speaker holes has well to protect the speaker

Thanks. That was always my project but I needed something a little more up to date

Does installing a lift void a Toyotacare warranty? I’ve been coming across different answers.
My understanding is that it does not void the warranty on the truck. However, aftermarket components related to an issue that you're bringing it in for may be voided if the dealer says so. This means if you install a lift and end up bringing the truck in for an upper control arm replacement in the future, they could say it is due to your lift and not honor it. If you brought it in for a power window malfunction, they wouldn't care that the truck is lifted. Very random examples, but hopefully you get the idea.

Last edited:
Does installing a lift void a Toyotacare warranty? I’ve been coming across different answers.
@Tyler is on the ball
Your truck will still have your warranty
After market component that are non OEM spec aka: lift kit will not be covered under your warranty anything related to the lift kit(the rest or suspension )will NOW void warranty , however SOME dealerships will throw a blind eye if they are nice . SOME dealerships won't be as nice and will void any warranty related to suspension

Even the TRD factory cold air intake has no warranty, not covered by your warranty, and will void warranty if they feel the issue was caused by it
The TRD supercharger however was covered under you power train warranty ONLY if it was installed and purchased by trough Toyota
If your purchased through Toyota BUT installed via third party mechanic then 1yr warranty on the charger , any related powertrain issue will be voided
If you purchased via third party and installed by third party then no warranty will be given

To anyone that has lifted their Tacoma, did you remove the sway bar or leave it? I’ve seen people on both sides and questioning if I should remove mine

To anyone that has lifted their Tacoma, did you remove the sway bar or leave it? I’ve seen people on both sides and questioning if I should remove mine
If you going offroad and crawling it hard , remove , if it's you daily and doing some trails then leave it

Removed, also with 700lbs springs. You will feel it at first. All that body roll. But now it's just something I'm used to and wouldn't bother to put it back in (been out for over a year I think).

Remove. After a couple of days you won’t even notice that you had one. But I do have 700# springs, which helps lessen the effect of body roll.

Removed. I don't have much body roll because I'm running bypasses up front and 700# springs. I also have a winch, dual batteries and soon to be an SSO Slimline Hybrid bumper going on so there is/will be a lot of weight up there.

Last edited:
Back