• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Reference Ask a beginner question, get a serious answer!

Tank is the total since last fill up, trip average is if you select trip A or B so you can track your average over a longer length of time or shorter if you wanted

That much off road?
KO2's would be my choice.

Lol I’m getting carried away probably 10% I’m a weekend warrior just got the truck a month ago. Not planning on changing tires anytime soon either but thanks for the future reference.

I've been super happy with ice, snow, road, and off-road function with my ko2's. I liked them so much I put them on my wife's Gx470, which saw almost no off-road usage.

I think you'll be happy with either tire.

Currently I've got an Icon Stage 4 kit, "17 Method 701s, CMC plates, a C4 hybrid front bumper, and a set of 285/75/17s sitting in my apartment almost ready to go on the truck. Would you recommend doing the CMC first or starting with the lift and identifying where the rubbing is prior to cutting and massaging plastic?
What'd your offset? I just got the same suspension. Looking forward to your build

just got a 2019 tacoma trd off road. its currently on the stock wheels (16's). I got a Supreme 3 inch front/1 inch rear spacer lift with 1.25 inch wheel spacers. Im seeing alot of different answers and dont know what to believe. Whats the biggest tire i can run? and what would look best? any pics with what you all are running? I wont be doing much major off-road. Mainly trails and service roads to camping spots, camping on the beach and in the winter driving in the mountains to snowboard, other than that its my DD.

Whats the biggest size 17" tire i could fit with out having to cut?

How do yall feel about the spacer lift? I ran one on my WJ and and didnt have any isses, it was great for the price but the jeep wasnt nearly as much as the tacoma. I made sure to get the diff drop.

In this thread, there are no stupid questions. Ask whatever question you need to know about your truck, wheeling, etc. without the stress of being judged or trolled.

For those answering: Give a no-bullshit proper answer/advice to the questions. I don’t care if they’re asking why their push-to-start won’t work. Just tell them that they need their foot on the brake.
I took delivery of my 2021 DCLB TRD Sport Wind Chill Pear last week. The truck has 575 miles on it now and for the most part I’m very pleased with it. I do have what I believe is a problem.... when I back the truck out of the garage if I touch the steering wheel at all the truck surges with RPM increasing to 1300 to 1500 which may not sound like a lot but it is. The first couple times really surprised me and now I’m ready for it. Also when you start the truck the steering wheel moves 1-2” either direction. Haven’t called the dealership yet......
in my 66 years I’ve come to learn if it’s happened to me it’s happened to others.....
What do you think, normal or a problem?

Thanks, Dave
2021 Tacoma DCLB TRD SPORT Wind Chill Pearl

Attachments

• B4DC344D-8F13-4173-9567-10D333FA6933.jpeg
    B4DC344D-8F13-4173-9567-10D333FA6933.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 46
I took delivery of my 2021 DCLB TRD Sport Wind Chill Pear last week. The truck has 575 miles on it now and for the most part I’m very pleased with it. I do have what I believe is a problem.... when I back the truck out of the garage if I touch the steering wheel at all the truck surges with RPM increasing to 1300 to 1500 which may not sound like a lot but it is. The first couple times really surprised me and now I’m ready for it. Also when you start the truck the steering wheel moves 1-2” either direction. Haven’t called the dealership yet......
in my 66 years I’ve come to learn if it’s happened to me it’s happened to others.....
What do you think, normal or a problem?

Thanks, Dave
2021 Tacoma DCLB TRD SPORT Wind Chill Pearl
The increased rpms sounds appropriate (power steering needed the extra juice to function). The shuddering of the steering wheel when you're starting it sounds a bit odd.

The increased rpms sounds appropriate (power steering needed the extra juice to function). The shuddering of the steering wheel when you're starting it sounds a bit odd.
Thanks Bio the steering wheel moves about an inch +\- and only once at startup. As for the surging at least now I expect it and be ready......

im on a 3in leveling kit and i have 285\75\16 bfg km3's and i have not rubbed ever now if your stock not sure i know stock no lift i didnt rub with 265\75\16

I’ve been giving myself headaches these past couple weeks researching tires and it just hit me that I’m not even sure if 265/75R16 tire will fit on my stock rims. Anyone have an answer? Stock size is 245/75R16. I added a picture of my factory wheel for reference.
963A7218-0BE3-426D-A593-B58D15CB2A0D.png

I’ve been giving myself headaches these past couple weeks researching tires and it just hit me that I’m not even sure if 265/75R16 tire will fit on my stock rims. Anyone have an answer? Stock size is 245/75R16. I added a picture of my factory wheel for reference.
963A7218-0BE3-426D-A593-B58D15CB2A0D.png
265/75-16 is a 31.6in tire that is 10.4in wide. You will be fine

Wanting new coils and shocks, what kind for 3 inch of lift? Looks like the 5100 are only for 2-2.5 but I’m wanting at least 3 inch. Ideas?

i believe rough country 3in front and 2in rear and super cheap probably save you enough money to get upgraded shocks look at it as a budget build and yes the front will be a spacer lift now I have had mine on for over 60,000 miles and im happy oh the rear is just a add-a-leaf or helper spring whatever you want to call it

fyi im running 285\75\16 and have never rubbed even in 4wheel drive flexed

i have never replaced that needle bearing and my truck is 2017 with 111,000 + miles on it im original owner also

i believe rough country 3in front and 2in rear and super cheap probably save you enough money to get upgraded shocks look at it as a budget build and yes the front will be a spacer lift now I have had mine on for over 60,000 miles and im happy oh the rear is just a add-a-leaf or helper spring whatever you want to call it
Cool. I currently have a 3 inch spacer lift, but worried about blowing my stock suspension out. Are the would it be worth going ahead and getting the lifted strut and coil N3 assembly?

Back