Ask a “beginner” question, get a serious answer | Page 20 | 3rd Generation Toyota Tacomas — Tacoma3G.com

Ask a “beginner” question, get a serious answer

rpbeausoleil

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Ryan Beausoleil
T3G #
Hey all,
Not sure if this is the correct thread but figured since I'm a "beginner" in off roading I was wondering if anyone has used a longer coil spring on a biltsein 6112 and what lift did you see? Thanks again

ShikyoX

T3G Level: Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Trevor Teranishi
T3G #
Does anyone else have an irritating squeaking or rattling noise coming from their dash? Specifically right by the tweeter and A pillar on the passenger side, ive noticed white build up where the plastic touches. I can only guess this is where its coming from, it really only makes noise when its cold out but once the cab warms up it quiets down and is not there in the summer. I may just put some felt in between the plastic and hope it solves the issue.

Im really irritated by small noises especially when it comes to my Taco, Just wondering if im insane or others have noticed this.
It's the tweeter cover little foam tape worked for me

ShikyoX

T3G Supporter
First Name
Trevor Teranishi
T3G #
Gotcha. Okay, thanks! I know you mentioned 300 lbs over stock on the ones you purchased, but what is the stock number? I intentionally went with the Pro to avoid doing much "under the body" type upgrades... but the more and more I get into this, I feel like I should have just went with a TRD OR and just did all the upgrades... again, really new at this stuff.
The box I believe will support 500lbs load max
Maybe 120-180 lbs before you notice it start to squat

ShikyoX

T3G Supporter
First Name
Trevor Teranishi
T3G #
Cool. Thanks! Also, do you mean 120-180 over the 500 lbs?
The box "safe load number by Toyota is around 500lbs"
The weight it takes before the rear of the car starts to sag is around 100-150 (sorry my first number seemed high hahah)
A good set of new leafs will raise the initial load , not by ANY MEANS should you carry more then what Toyota states!! But when fully loaded the rear of the truck wont look like a low rider . If your leafs are setup for 300lbs over factory then you can more stuff in you box without saging or having super bouncy ride

Last edited: