• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Reference Ask a beginner question, get a serious answer!

Looking to get my recovery kit taken care of. Is there a difference between the $100+ tread boards and the $30 ones besides price? Any recommended brands?
The treds will be good for a couple goes but will eventually snap but I will say these max traxx have been indestructible

idk if these are the cheapest prices here's maxtrax, again pricey but like indestructible (not the nubbs you'll wear those down spinning the tires unless you get the upgraded version)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y5KBD9X/?tag=tacoma3g-20

and here's the treds which are fine but will eventually crack through but will still get a job done, there may some cheaper but I wouldn't have any expertience with those
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y5KBD9X/?tag=tacoma3g-20

Looking to upgrade my stock headlights and fog lights. Not bright enough for night time. Any suggestions on where to buy? 2020 Tacoma

I have a 2018 trd off-road and it’s the 6 speed manual and if I’m not mistaken it comes stock with 4.10 gears I would like to put on a 6 inch bds lift and put on 35’s but I’m kinda stuck between getting 4.88 or 5.29 gears.

Attachments

• EFCA631C-AEAB-4CA6-B6F7-15639C2A9C15.jpeg
    EFCA631C-AEAB-4CA6-B6F7-15639C2A9C15.jpeg
    980.7 KB · Views: 77
What are the biggest tire size I can put on a 2020 tacoma with stock suspension, no lift.

I have a 2018 trd off-road and it’s the 6 speed manual and if I’m not mistaken it comes stock with 4.10 gears I would like to put on a 6 inch bds lift and put on 35’s but I’m kinda stuck between getting 4.88 or 5.29 gears.
For that setup, 5.29s for sure.
What are the biggest tire size I can put on a 2020 tacoma with stock suspension, no lift.
255/85 — tall and skinny, easier to fit without rubbing compared to wider tires. Will probably still rub at full steer. You can add spacers to compensate.

Alternatively, 265/75r16. They’re not as tall but will fit without rubbing.

Anybody know/ estimate the weight capacity of 2019 Tacoma tailgate?

I need to load my mower and have a ramp that can rest of the tailgate so at during loading pretty much the entire weight of me and the mower (a 46" cub cadet) will be on the tailgate.

I am a bit afraid I will bend or break the tailgate. Stock tailgate. Tacoma SR5

Anybody know/ estimate the weight capacity of 2019 Tacoma tailgate?

I need to load my mower and have a ramp that can rest of the tailgate so at during loading pretty much the entire weight of me and the mower (a 46" cub cadet) will be on the tailgate.

I am a bit afraid I will bend or break the tailgate. Stock tailgate. Tacoma SR5

I don’t know the weight limit but I’ve loaded my big ass snowblower the same way and it did just fine.

Can someone explain, how much does offset affect ride quality and stance? Trying to decide if I should stay conservative at -24 or go all in with -44s.

Just bought my first Tacoma and I want to get into off-roading but don’t really know where to start and what to buy. Obviously start with a lift then go from there but I don’t know what kind.

Attachments

• 09CEF6F0-20F8-410B-AB4E-31D9C49F52A1.jpeg
    09CEF6F0-20F8-410B-AB4E-31D9C49F52A1.jpeg
    460.9 KB · Views: 95
Can someone explain, how much does offset affect ride quality and stance? Trying to decide if I should stay conservative at -24 or go all in with -44s.
It shouldn't change ride quality much, but the noise from the tires will be a little louder and you will kick more debris up onto your paint, the further out they are. That probably doesn't matter depending on your preferences. If it were me, I would go to -24, but not as far as -44. Besides looks (if you're into that), I don't think there is any real benefit to having them out further than they need to be to not rub your upper control arms. I have -10 on mine with 35s and they still stick out a noticeable amount compared to when I had the stock wheels. I know it isn't super clear, but this is the best photo I have to show you how mine look:
C5E1157A-C5D5-411B-820A-4E1888D7E842.jpg

Just bought my first Tacoma and I want to get into off-roading but don’t really know where to start and what to buy. Obviously start with a lift then go from there but I don’t know what kind.
What are your goals for the truck? Moderate off-roading? Eventually get into hard trails? Usually a good place to start is rock sliders. I didn't get rock sliders right away and damage my rocker panel pretty bad...

I recently installed a Supreme Suspension 2.5 front and 1 in the rear with the differential drop and I’ve had it aligned but I get a pulsating vibration it only happens between 40 and 50 mph does anybody know what this could be? I feel it in my peddles mostly and faintly in my steering wheel.

What are your goals for the truck? Moderate off-roading? Eventually get into hard trails? Usually a good place to start is rock sliders. I didn't get rock sliders right away and damage my rocker panel pretty bad...
[/QUOTE]
Just start off with moderate off-roading then work my way up into hard trails. End goals is to have a everyday Use truck while still able to do some hard off-roading

Just start off with moderate off-roading then work my way up into hard trails. End goals is to have a everyday Use truck while still able to do some hard off-roading
We have a lot of info here about lift options. But if you need more specific info, make a thread in the suspension forum with some questions you have.

One good first mod for a truck that will be used off-road is to add rock sliders. Without them you can damage your body pretty easily.

So, you guys that have done a full bumper replacement on your trucks, did you guys have any luck selling the takeoffs like the OEM bumber, crossbeams, etc.? Or... did you guys just end up trashing it?

We have a lot of info here about lift options. But if you need more specific info, make a thread in the suspension forum with some questions you have.

One good first mod for a truck that will be used off-road is to add rock sliders. Without them you can damage your body pretty easily.
Any recommendations for styles or brands of rock sliders?

So, you guys that have done a full bumper replacement on your trucks, did you guys have any luck selling the takeoffs like the OEM bumber, crossbeams, etc.? Or... did you guys just end up trashing it?
Mine went right to the garbage
Kick outs are real nice for pushing off rocks and trees and if you have a dog that will be jumping in and out get filler plates so it’s leg won’t get caught they can break it if they stick their leg in the slider on the way down

Honestly, any slider will do its job just fine. They’re all built the same with the major difference being weld on or bolt on. Bolt on is more than sufficient, so don’t even bother with weld on. You’re mostly going to be picking off of personal preference on looks. Some stick out pretty far and you can stand on them, some are tight to the truck. Some have simple designs, some are a little wild looking. It’s just up to you. Here is a thread with slider cost comparisons: https://tacoma3g.com/threads/slider-cost-comparison.866/#post-10387

Sorry if someone has already asked this, but has anyone had trouble with the backup camera after installing a high clearance rear bumper?

Back