• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

ARB Rear diff Breather…

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
My 2019 Tacoma TRD rear factory diff breather..fail & I had to replace the 3rd gear member at the cost of $4,100 …due to water getting into the rear diff…I live on a sometimes a very muddy , puddle roads…(Coffee farm)..maybe something struck in the breather , cause it not to close? ..as told to me by Toyota mechanic..

I just install a ARB rear diff breather, mounted inside the driver side taillight housing , mount at its highest point..lots of slack for the tubing to extend…
ARB mentions, there design w/ filter, (can mount up to four tube lines..). Super easy to install…. Worth the money…
It is a high flow, zero back pressure, zero vacuum , will stay free of water…

If you do any type of water crossings or highways with water puddles of any kind…get the ARB diff breather kit…EASY to install too!
Make this as one of you first mods… even ford rangers mount there’s higher,! Is Toyota going cheap…?
Aloha,

Note comes with every thing you need, zip ties , self drilling screws, threads coated, very long tubing- mount anywhere..watch a few YouTube videos..also push fitting inserts..so easy ..just push it all the way..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I saw many homemade DIY systems….& way cheaper vs the ARB . ARB did mention there benefits, plus a filter , the zero back pressure, zero vacuum , NOT sure if other kits will do the same?
The rear diffs do get extremely “HOT”…. The ARB tubing is a very hard tubing, feels like it can lots punishment..push fittings for a very secure fit.
ARB ..is a complete kit…nothing else was needed ,a very well made heavy duty made kit…even the fittings , you can see the quality! And you know it was tested in the out backs of Australia!
Aloha

Back