• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Anyone running a "true" 34?

itsthex

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.coryinmotion.com
2020 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hey guys, I'm pretty set on running some 34s, but I'm at a crossroads between running a "true" 34 or a metric variant.

For example, I was considering these:

But I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with them. How do they measure up? Are they a "true" 34" tire even though the size states that it is?

Hey guys, I'm pretty set on running some 34s, but I'm at a crossroads between running a "true" 34 or a metric variant.

But I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with them. How do they measure up? Are they a "true" 34" tire even though the size states that it is?

I'm not very familiar with how truck guys are. I'd say it's a 33".
Maybe it airs up to 34". Lol.

Capture.PNG

I run 285/75 17 nitto ridge grapplers and they measured about 32.5-33” when I measured one today. That’s actually on the truck and under weight and at roughly 35psi. So roughly an inch off from advertised which is expected. I’d expect the tires you’re looking at to be about the same.

Sorry it took me a few days to get back on this. The Kenda Klever R/T 35x10.50r17 measure 33.75" on the truck. Running 27 PSI front and 19 PSI rear. I have no added weight and run lower PSI to get even tread wear.

The BFG 34 x 10.5 will certainly be small. I've found BFGs to run smaller than spec. That said, I think that would be a great tire if they're 33.5 range. The narrower tire will be lighter and have less fitment issues than a 285.

-M

Sorry it took me a few days to get back on this. The Kenda Klever R/T 35x10.50r17 measure 33.75" on the truck. Running 27 PSI front and 19 PSI rear. I have no added weight and run lower PSI to get even tread wear.
I’ve got the Kenda Klever ATs and so far they’ve been great. BUT I have noticed that even running them at around 30psi, they seem to want to ballon a little bit. Feels like I need to go lower for even treadwear. I still need to do the chalk test though

I had the KO2’s on my 1st Gen Taco several years back and loved them. If you’re doing more mud riding I’d probably recommend the KM3’s. I’ll probably switch back to the KO2’s soon or the General Grabber ATX’s.

Back