• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Anyone lately

XxMagpulxX

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Blazing Blue Pearl
Has anyone lately gone to see what they could get for their Taco?
My buddy told me the dealership here in Reno offered him 39k for his 2017. 39k? Shit, its almost worth trading it in for a new one with 0 miles on it.....Kinda makes me want to go down and see what they will offer me for mines. I mean, give me 35k, i put 25 down on a new Taco....take the other 10 and throw it back at the truck...bumpers, suspension, skids, sliders...right?

Has anyone lately gone to see what they could get for their Taco?
My buddy told me the dealership here in Reno offered him 39k for his 2017. 39k? Shit, its almost worth trading it in for a new one with 0 miles on it.....Kinda makes me want to go down and see what they will offer me for mines. I mean, give me 35k, i put 25 down on a new Taco....take the other 10 and throw it back at the truck...bumpers, suspension, skids, sliders...right?
Have to consider if the $39k was for the truck itself or if they blended in a trade allowance.
I know that prices are Tacomas have come down a little. It's not as high as it was.
After letting yours go, might be a wait to get another one. I haven't kept track of inventory and stuff. But I do see a lot of posts in the FB groups of people saying stuff like just got my notification that my truck is being built and should be hitting the lot in April. So if you're ok with the wait, then yeah. Definitely is worth it then if you didn't put too much into the truck already.

If you get a quote for your truck, see what it is just to have the dealer buy it.
If it's a trade, they might be able to discount the new one and give less for yours or vice versa. Either way, it's the ending number.
KBB has a true market value or cash offer estimate thing. This will give a more accurate number of what your truck is worth and what you could get paid. Pretty sure some of those numbers are your local dealers making the offers. Check it on that. Don't do it through trade in value since those average allowances.

If I was in your position, I'd just keep it. You're regears and have suspension. Maybe I'm just super lazy. Haha.

Last edited:
Back