• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

T3G Feedback and questions about Tacoma3G.com - How can our community and website be better?

You guys know by now I’m all about community input. So this is what I’m working with right now. Suggestions?
B6E1709C-729A-43B2-A496-909A14610E13.png
2819210C-A1B6-47F8-BFF6-DD220E726A28.png

Dude, that's awesome, nice work! One of my biggest gripes about the other site before I left, even the FB groups are the repetitive questions that clog up the news feed and make finding good tech info next to impossible. Having this basic stuff easily accessible will hopefully help mitigate that. Surely there will be some that fall through the cracks but this is definitely a good start.

Currently working on breaking them down into categories so they’re easier to navigate.

Currently working on breaking them down into categories so they’re easier to navigate.
You're the man, man! If you need help with anything, just lemme know and I will see what I can do.

Also, might be something to consider since you are looking at boosting your Youtube content. What if you did little "Tech" videos by some of the members? Think things like suspension tutorials, install guidance, wiring, etc? Maybe even getting vendor videos explaining specific parts light lighting, fab parts and the like?

Essentially getting some good, educational content on here and not just in write ups. So many people would rather watch a video, so why not look to some of the members to create that content? Hell, even some of the vendors could do install how to style videos.

You're the man, man! If you need help with anything, just lemme know and I will see what I can do.

Also, might be something to consider since you are looking at boosting your Youtube content. What if you did little "Tech" videos by some of the members? Think things like suspension tutorials, install guidance, wiring, etc? Maybe even getting vendor videos explaining specific parts light lighting, fab parts and the like?

Essentially getting some good, educational content on here and not just in write ups. So many people would rather watch a video, so why not look to some of the members to create that content? Hell, even some of the vendors could do install how to style videos.
That actually kinda ties into something else I’ve been thinking about, which is the addition of “website gurus”, which are members (like yourself) who provide above average content and posts that people are able to learn from. Kinda of like a writer for T3G.

Also, what do you guys think about having a custom URL for your build thread? The same way I have https://tyler.tacoma3g.com for mine.

That actually kinda ties into something else I’ve been thinking about, which is the addition of “website gurus”, which are members (like yourself) who provide above average content and posts that people are able to learn from. Kinda of like a writer for T3G.

Also, what do you guys think about having a custom URL for your build thread? The same way I have https://tyler.tacoma3g.com for mine.
aahhh shucks. Thanks dude. Definitely happy to contribute. I've always been more than happy to help local members here in AZ.. Hell, even @MMoreno16 came out here to do his truck. But If I can spread some knowledge and help members outside of AZ, definitely happy to do it.

Custom URL for the build thread would be great too.

I like the idea of having a meetup sub forum in each region, just a place for wheeling adventures, BBQ’s general meet ups and helping hand meets (i.e. install parties)

I like the idea of having a meetup sub forum in each region, just a place for wheeling adventures, BBQ’s general meet ups and helping hand meets (i.e. install parties)
Do you think the current regional sections are not currently serving that purpose well?

Do you think the current regional sections are not currently serving that purpose well?

Just from my experience with TW and having a lot of people posting, for future of the site. I can sometimes miss the meet posts because a bunch of other shit is all bunched in with it. This is just my experience.......maybe I am the only one.

Just from my experience with TW and having a lot of people posting, for future of the site. I can sometimes miss the meet posts because a bunch of other shit is all bunched in with it. This is just my experience.......maybe I am the only one.
Noted!

If you need help writing technical articles let me know. I used write research papers

516611D4-2EFE-47E5-8DEE-CE3C4FBDDFD8.jpeg

Experimenting with colored usernames. I never liked this cause I felt it looks kinda tacky and I like stuff looking clean. But I don’t think I hate what I’m seeing...

Right now we have:
Admin - bold red
Paige - bold pink lol
Supporter - blue

Could also add:
Vendor - cement or green
T3G guru - some other color

As always, need your input!

516611D4-2EFE-47E5-8DEE-CE3C4FBDDFD8.jpeg

Experimenting with colored usernames. I never liked this cause I felt it looks kinda tacky and I like stuff looking clean. But I don’t think I hate what I’m seeing...

Right now we have:
Admin - bold red
Paige - bold pink lol
Supporter - blue

Could also add:
Vendor - cement or green
T3G guru - some other color

As always, need your input!
Can I have mine be Cement? :cry: Cuz Cement long bed... :sneaky:

can mine be rainbow with sprinkles? Because cupcakes, not the other thing

Back