• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Accessory lighting help

Mumfy

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Website
www.mumfy.us
2020 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
My current set up has a Blue Sea 12 fuse block with a 100 amp breaker that I want to run all of my accessory lighting to. I currently have Ditch lights ready to go but have a question on whether I need to use the relay that came with the wiring harness in order to run the CH4x4 switches.

I am not an electrician, so any help would be appreciated.

The following is based on the assumption that you're using the oem style switches and not their 6 gang thing (because that, I believe, has overload protection of some kind)...
Those switches are not designed to have the entire load of whatever accessory you are running pumping through them, so it would still be a good idea to run the ditch lights through an included relay. Ditch lights are fairly low draw, so you'd probably be fine either way, but going through the relay is protocol because it's less of a fire hazard.

Upvote 0
Back