• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

A very good knife sharper…MK2

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
I always found sharpen knives a difficult process..owning many types of sharpen devices…finally I got a electric one….the ‘Work Sharp knife sharper ..model MK2 from Amazon..with extra belts…under $90.00 ..
So far one of the best & easiest to use! Super fast ..able to sharpen a dozen knives, changing belts …so very, very simple..and quick too…

I never tried it on rear electrical plug of my truck yet…I just got it & still learning how to best use it…correctly for all the different knives I have, pocket knife, kitchen , fish fillets, Japanese sashimi knives, scissors, & ones with teeth…

The Work Sharp knife sharper MK2 .. is worth owning….the speed , easy to change belts, simple settings 20 & 25 degrees that most of us use..reasonable price, plus evening sharpers fish gut blades…&. Super fast..most times just 5 passes each side…
I give only 4 stars…because I want a LEFT hand MK2 …LOL…. I do not want to be “LEFT OUT”…
Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:
The Work sharp MK2 works very well , using the power outlet in the Tacoma bed…..I keep at least one pocket knife in each door pocket, also carry a machete, hatchet, hacksaw, etc…. For the Coffee farm , fishing, & camping…

I learn many years ago..always carry two of everything…can openers, knives, fire starters, headlamps, flashlights, tools, things that sometimes gets lost , broken, misplace…etc two types of Manuel knife sharpers, etc..

The electrical outlet in the Tacoma bed…works great for the MK2….no lost of power…can sharpen dozens of knives if you want too…!
Aloha

For my fishing & camping trips …I will test if can recharge the battery for my rotary hammer drills…I will be drilling into the rocky, lava fields …for tent spikes , rock spikes ( pole holders)
We use mostly stainless steel, various types of rock spikes pounded into cracks, or drill our own holes to hole our fishing poles …a hundred pound fish will be unable to take down poles on a fish strikes…due to the pole holders designs
I landed many sharks over a hundred pounds …biggest is. Eleven foot thrasher from shore…3 hours I fought it..
12 foot Ulua rods, 4/O extend reels, 80 lb mainline , 200 lb leaders, 9 oz casting weights…a typical set up…up for our style of fishing…I have use live baits up to 5 lbs…lol
Drill bits 1/2, 5/8, 3/4. …plus all the smaller sizes…
Can it recharges these batteries?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back