• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

4x4 light blinking and not engaging

Catfish

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Silver Sky
i woke up this morning and drove my truck, it was fine and i wake up again and decide to.ger a haircut.. I noticed the 4x4 light is blinking and I go to engage it in Park to 4Hi and it wont shift over. then i pop into N and go to 4lo and wont go either.. I have a 3500 miles to drive..

has anyone ever experienced this?

I hope its simpler than that.... If i can drive it down to ca, then i'll replace it there at the local dealership.

Upvote 0
Only thing I can think out that you haven't already tried would be disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if something resets. Not saying there's any science to that but maybe it'll work lol

Upvote 0
Only thing I can think out that you haven't already tried would be disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if something resets. Not saying there's any science to that but maybe it'll work lol
In thick New Dehli accent, "Sir, did you try turning it off, waiting 30 seconds, and turning it back on again?"

Upvote 0
Issue has been found. it was my differential Actuator.
Sounds about right. Toyota's been having problems with those actuators since 2006 but they continue to use the same ones anyways, lol... Just like the needle bearings, door seals, blah blah.

Upvote 0
Sounds about right. Toyota's been having problems with those actuators since 2006 but they continue to use the same ones anyways, lol... Just like the needle bearings, door seals, blah blah.

luckily they have 1 on hand and switching it out tmrw morning.

Upvote 0
Glad you're getting it taken care of before leaving
til then. mobn in the rental..

20180628_172844.jpg

hahahahhaha

Upvote 0
Back