• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived 4 Wheel Parts Giveaway: And *first* winner is...

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I didn’t get them installed this weekend like I wanted, just not enough days in the week.

I did manage to wrestle them out of that behemoth of a box though! These suckers are HEAVY. Weighed in at 82 lbs each!

34533C85-295B-422F-9A3C-6D144D24CBB4.jpeg

Unfortunately I didn’t get them installed this weekend like I wanted, just not enough days in the week.

I did manage to wrestle them out of that behemoth of a box though! These suckers are HEAVY. Weighed in at 82 lbs each!

34533C85-295B-422F-9A3C-6D144D24CBB4.jpeg
Damn!

Where did you find the spec? I don't see them on that image or on their website. 4WP says 140lbs combined but that wasn't the case when I weighed mine. Makes me wonder how many of these manufacturers bluff their weights.

Compared to similarly built sliders from Victory 4x4, these are actually lighter! The full plating definitely makes them heavier.. But hey, they should be that much stronger too, right? Haha.

Where did you find the spec? I don't see them on that image or on their website. 4WP says 140lbs combined but that wasn't the case when I weighed mine. Makes me wonder how many of these manufacturers bluff their weights.

Compared to similarly built sliders from Victory 4x4, these are actually lighter! The full plating definitely makes them heavier.. But hey, they should be that much stronger too, right? Haha.
Oh, no - I meant that's the weight of the ones I have on my truck. Mine aren't 4WP.

Oh, no - I meant that's the weight of the ones I have on my truck. Mine aren't 4WP.

Sorry, bad sentence structure in that post. I was asking where you found the spec for yours and then just following up with what 4WP quotes on theirs!

Sorry, bad sentence structure in that post. I was asking where you found the spec for yours and then just following up with what 4WP quotes on theirs!
Ah. I found mine on this page under the “important notes” tab:

We make an aluminum boat version with steel supports that weigh 55lbs a side if someone is looking for max weight savings. The steel will always be stronger though (y)

We make an aluminum boat version with steel supports that weigh 55lbs a side if someone is looking for max weight savings. The steel will always be stronger though (y)

Nice work capitalizing on the PR ;)

I didn't know you made a version like that. I'll have to go check your site and take a look around! Prior to getting these i was still 100% undecided on sliders. :LOL:

I didn't know you made a version like that. I'll have to go check your site and take a look around! Prior to getting these i was still 100% undecided on sliders. :LOL:
@Victory4x4 has killer products. You should check them out, they're great

I didn't really want to jump into 4 Wheel Parts' thread, but I did want to say we do offer 55lb sliders. I stopped short of posting the link :ROFLMAO:

@Victory4x4 has killer products. You should check them out, they're great

Oh yeah! I've been all over their page already. I just somehow missed the steel/aluminum hybrid sliders!

I didn't really want to jump into 4 Wheel Parts' thread, but I did want to say we do offer 55lb sliders. I stopped short of posting the link :ROFLMAO:

I'd have done the same! hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back