• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Toyota News 2023 Tacoma Announced

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Toyota, yesterday, put out a press release about the 2023 Tacoma and its new trim packages. I wasn’t aware of this until just now which is why I’m posting it. I wasn’t sure if the 2023 was going to be the 4th gen or not, but now we know.

Spoiler: Not much is changing yet.

1652911116909.jpeg

Aw, man. I was hoping for much more than chrome wheels, blackout package for the SR5, and smartkey for lower trims. Am I the only one? I mean, I guess this is ok for a refresh but I'm not impressed at all. Those wanting some nicer features with a SR5 trim would get a bit out of this, though. I'll just have to wait another year for 4G...

Aw, man. I was hoping for much more than chrome wheels, blackout package for the SR5, and smartkey for lower trims. Am I the only one? I mean, I guess this is ok for a refresh but I'm not impressed at all. Those wanting some nicer features with a SR5 trim would get a bit out of this, though. I'll just have to wait another year for 4G...
I wasn’t sure what I was expecting. I don’t know how realistic it was to expect it might be the 4th gen, as the 3rd gen isn’t that old yet. I was actually hoping it wasn’t the 4th gen because I wanted to make a 4th gen forum exactly like this one, but I’m not really able to put the time into that at the moment. So that’s good for me I guess. But yea, this is an underwhelming refresh. There are definitely some small things they could’ve done that would’ve been exciting, even to existing 3rd gen owners.

Last edited:
The 4G tacos that TFL spied were way different and bigger.

For sure it's too early for a 4th gen, but I can still hope! Of course it's a bit silly of me because I plan to drive this truck until the wheels fall off. I hadn't realized the 4Runner and Tundra had such long generations, though. Hey, this means there will be plenty of time for new cool things to be designed for 3G trucks before 4G comes around.

1652950290719.png

I'm a little disappointed to not see LED's at least... Toyota could've done a little better. Honestly, it's just like another 3rd gen from what I can tell at least with (I assume) better interior packages and all that..

The 2023 will make eight years for the Gen 3 so it’s not unreasonable for Toyota to go to Gen 4 on the 2024 model year. Time will tell.

1652950290719.png

I'm a little disappointed to not see LED's at least... Toyota could've done a little better. Honestly, it's just like another 3rd gen from what I can tell at least with (I assume) better interior packages and all that..
I agree. Anything—even really minor—just to make us get a little hyped. But they didn’t, lol

I believe the new 4runner will be announced next year (2024 model change) and the tacoma the following year (2025 model change)

Back