• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2022 TRD Sport M/T - lift

skitzobeve42

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2022 Sport DCSB Manual
Blue Crush
Placed an order through my dealer for a 2022 trd sport manual transmission in Blue Crush Metallic. Hopefully it comes in by the spring.

This will now be my third tacoma that ive owned! I had a 2012 and put a ready lift 3" sst kit and i had a 2017 and put the headstrong offroad 5100s with spc uca on it.
I cant seem to decide what i want to put on the new 2022. I barely do any off-roading and i still have my 285/70/17s on Fuel rims in my garage that i took off my 2017 before trading in.
Any suggestions on what i should do for the new truck?

Congrats on the order! Look forward to some pics when it arrives!

Do you want to improve the looks? Mostly….keep a very mild lift..under 2 inches…. This way no need for aftermarket upper control arms…. Keep it simple…
I would consider selling those 285/70/17s. and consider 31 inch tires BFG A/T’s ….for better mileage and won’t lose to much horse power….
My 1999 ford ranger extra cab had a 2 inch lift , 31 inch tires..and it perform very well on most of the off roading we did…
Replacing tires ? 31 inch will be cheaper, better gas miles then the 32 inch and up…! Watch on YouTube
Robmotive has a 2021 and his MODs works very well…he does little off roading..and his aftermarket stuffs worth looking into..
Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:
Back