• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Toyota News 2022 Toyota Tacoma trd pro/trail edition revealed

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl

• The 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro and Trail Edition models are updated with new colors, slightly altered appearances, and new suspension setups.
  • Electric Lime is the new TRD Pro–exclusive color, and Trail Edition models can now be ordered in Lunar Rock, last year's TRD Pro-exclusive.
  • They'll be on sale at the end of the summer, and pricing is expected to start at around $35,000 and $45,000.
Toyota continues to dabble with the trail-ready Tacoma mid-size pickup, which will introduce a new TRD Pro–exclusive color (pictured above) for the 2022 model year. The new Tacoma TRD Pro is slightly taller and has new wheels, and Toyota relocated some of the exterior badging. The lesser Trail Edition model is also slightly jacked up, and it'll go on sale alongside the TRD Pro at the end of the summer.

VIEW PHOTOS
2022 toyota tacoma trd pro

TOYOTA

The Tacoma TRD Pro gets jacked up with a 1.5-inch lift on the front axle and 0.5-inch at the rear compared to the previous model. It continues to be equipped with Fox internal bypass dampers with rear remote reservoirs, but a revised angle of the ball-joint mount on the new forged aluminum upper control arms help to make the most of the increased stroke enabled by the lift. The new setup increases to the numbers that matter for off-roaders: The approach angle increases 1.4 degrees and the breakover and departure angles are upped by 2.7 and 0.8 degrees, respectively. Trail Editions are also raised up—1.1 inches in the front and a half-inch out back—and along with the removal of the front air dam allows for a 2.0-degree increase at approach.

That eye-incinerating new color is called Electric Lime, and it's exclusive to the TRD Pro. A new set of 16-inch TRD Pro wheels are wrapped in Goodyear Territory all-terrain tires. Trail Editions are now available with 2021's TRD Pro–exclusive color Lunar Rock (pictured below) and get bronze 16-inchers with all-terrain rubber. Their grilles, which are similar to the TRD Pro, get bronze lettering .

VIEW PHOTOS
2022 toyota tacoma trail edition

TOYOTA
The Tacoma TRD Pro now has a debossed TRD Pro logo on its rear quarter-panel, like the Tundra TRD Pro, but "TRD" and "Pro" are separated on two lines. New graphics on the hood are available, too, and the TRD Pro badge on the door is replaced with a black Tacoma badge. Lame.

Both Tacomas are powered by a 3.5-liter V-6 engine that produces 278 horsepower and 265 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed automatic transmission is offered, but we'd select the optional six-speed manual gearbox (#SavetheManuals). Both models can tow up to 6400 pounds.

The 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro and Trail Edition are only available in 4x4 Double Cab configurations, and they'll arrive at the end of the summer leading into the fall. Pricing is expected to increase slightly over the 2021 models' $45,500 and $35,180 starting prices.

This was the photo that most interested me. Those big side cargo spots are nice but they eat up A LOT of bedspace.

2022-toyota-tacoma-trail-edition-105-1622509064.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I probably would not have seen this news this week otherwise.

The color is odd. The bed storage is a hard pass for me. I haven’t read about the other stuff yet.

Does the Trail Edition = the new OR? Or are they different?

I don’t know if I like the two separate lines on the bed side.

I like the new uca and the extra bit of suspension lift. Nice slow growing of the trd pro.

I like the new uca and the extra bit of suspension lift. Nice slow growing of the trd pro.
Yes, definitely like those UCA. It would be nice if they offer it as a kit for previous models, but then I guess you can probably do much better in the aftermarket.

She have discs in the rear?

Back