• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2017 OR build and intro

Sbr7

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Hi everyone,

My name's Chris, and I'm a proud 2017 OR owner with a few parts that I've put on over the past few years. I'm career Army, and enjoy getting out in the woods (in the Taco that is) to unwind and unplug. Of course I enjoy shooting, drinking bourbon, and surfing for parts online, and happy I found T3G. Happy to talk about any of the stuff I've installed or if anyone needs a hand in the Kansas/Missouri area, I'm at Ft Riley. Now for the truck:

Did the Low Range Offroad lift package right after I bought it. Bilstein 5100 and OME 887 coils
Rears have 5100s also, along with an AAL from Toyota
All the requisite skid, differential, and carrier bearing drop kits for the lift as well.
Threw on some FN wheels in 17x8, and went with gunmetal instead of the common black rims. Silver TRD centercap hits really well in the sun.
Cooper 285/70/17 rubber with NO rubbing anywhere.
For some reason, I had to get the Wheeler's u-bolt flip kit, and I'm glad I did. Really cleans up the underside of the mounts.
Timbren active bumpstops to finish the rear.

Interior has the TRD shift knob, with some super tiny red TRD decals. Lots of compliments on that.
Did the silver TACOMA glovebox letter inlays
Dome and Map light LED from amazon
Huskyliner X-act floor mats, along with some kickass TRD labels to go where the Huskyliner labels were.
The Kicker tweeter and 4 door speaker upgrade - holy cow. Do it. I also lined all the doors with sound deadener. Also strongly recommend.

TRD Pro taillights with LED backup lights
pop-n-lock for the tailgate
A fantastic matt black hood decal with TRD off road cut into it. Cuts down on glare amazingly well.
TRD cold air intake
12v Solutions 2.1 remote start

Nearing the end of my time overseas, I've ordered some stuff from Victory 4x4 (excellent customer service), Headlight revloutions, Caliraised, and a RTT.

Glad to be part of the forum!
Chris
IMG_0348.JPG

Hello and welcome to Tacoma3g!

Thank you for your service and I look forward to seeing what you do with it in the future!

I know House Springs! Grew up in chesterfield/ballwin/Manchester.

Well right now I'm in Europe, but returning to Ft Riley (2 hrs west of KC). I haven't been back to the STL area for some time. Went to school at SEMO in Cape G., and HS at Parkway Central. But that was back in the late 90's.

Welcome aboard.

Back