• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

'17 less shiny grill replacement

JCC

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
I have the stock grill which has chrome and too shiny. Are there recommended OEM Toyota or aftermarket grills recommended?

I may be okay with a very similar grill that does not have the chrome or one that has the spelled out TOYOTA on it rather than the logo.

photo added for context

Attachments

• 20211212_095301.jpg
    20211212_095301.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Thank you, I like that. I have also considered the ones with the LED bar in it. Thank you.
There's alot of options out there.......good luck with your search and post up pics of your decision!

Thank you, I like that. I have also considered the ones with the LED bar in it. Thank you.
Which one? Post a link.

For the Toyota TRD Pro grills you can hunt down OEM ones for almost the same price as a knock off clone. Also can go with the newer grill, which is more of a black/charcoal gray color.

I went with the aftermarket non-OEM Pro grill from R4T. At the time they had quality control issues, and it took two orders to get one that was just ok (has a minor imperfection). There are other suppliers that have them now.

Which one? Post a link.

For the Toyota TRD Pro grills you can hunt down OEM ones for almost the same price as a knock off clone. Also can go with the newer grill, which is more of a black/charcoal gray color.
I have seen them on other trucks on the road not necessarily online

I painted mine with Rust Oleum Truck bed paint. I like the looks and it's unique.

8njafHT.jpg

-M

The TRD Pro grills …they are really nice…and it seems many Tacoma owners like those designs…now it is everywhere…

For me ..I am planning to keep my stock 2019 TRD Off Road grill…I like the looks..
Toyota spends huge money on designing grills…I think this one works for me!

The more we try to be different, sometimes the more we start to look the same…? Lol
Aloha

Back